Manual Removal Of Conducent Timesink
The following directions for manual removal are modified from the Conducent Developer's Checklist www.conducent.com/integration-certchecklist.shtm. Files may vary according to host application & file paths may differ according to OS and user preferences.
Warning: Host software should be uninstalled before removing Timesink. Removing Timesink without removing host software may cause host software to stop working.
Caution: The following directions are for reference only. Proceed at your own risk. A system backup before making changes is recommended. Editing the Windows Registry can cause major problems if done incorrectly. Always back up the Registry before making any changes (see Registry Links).
1. If Timesink is active, shut it down before attempting to remove Timesink. The Timesink agent maybe not show by using Control+Alt+Delete. Use Start | Run | MSCONFIG, uncheck the Timesink agent on the startup tab, then reboot.
2. Delete the following files:
tsadbot.exe (C:\Program Files\TimeSink\AdGateway)
tsad.dll (C:\Winnt or C:\Windows)
vcpdll.dll (C:\Winnt or C:\Windows)
FlexActv.dll (C:\Winnt or C:\Windows)
Addon2VB.dll (C:\Winnt\System or C:\Windows\System) *
* Addon2VB.dll was found in place of FlexActv.dll after an eGames install. To verify, right-click on file and check that the Version on the Properties tab shows "Conducent Technologies Inc."
3. Delete the TimeSink directory (C:\Program Files\TimeSink).
4. Remove Conducent and Timesink entries from the Registry:
a. Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TimeSink or TimeSink, Inc. registry key.
b. Remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TimeSink or TimeSink, Inc. registry key.
c. Remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TimeSink or TimeSink, Inc. registry key.
d. Remove all Conducent, Timesink, Tsadbot.exe entries from
e. Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Shareddlls
values for FlexAct, tsad.dll, vcpdll.dll, tsadbot.exe. *
*Addon2VB.dll isn't mentioned on the Developer's Checklist. Delete it from here if applicable. Search the Registry and delete all instances.
Current: Aug 24-00
Quoted excerpts are © Conducent unless otherwise noted.
< Back ^ Top
With WebWasher activated, many links on these pages will not display. Please see About page for fix.
This site uses no cookies or other tracking methods, no scripts and no active content. It looks better in IE than in Netscape.
Please send comments, corrections, suggestions, & new info to email@example.com.